problems starting ISC Bind service

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Mon Jun 21 12:46:51 UTC 2004

I'm fairly sure I had put this is the Readme1st.txt file that comes with
the binary kits.
I guess it wasn't explicit enough.

You need to have a directory directive in the options paragraph to define
where the
files are as a service does not run under a normal account. It needs to look
something like this:

options
{
directory "c:\windows\system32\dns\etc";
};

This is almost always the problem. If this is an NTFS disk, make sure that the
files are readable by the account running the service.

Danny