DNS Problems - Need to get it working. MORE

Spencer Yost syost at triad.rr.com
Mon Jun 21 16:18:01 UTC 2004

On 6/21/2004 at 9:03 AM Barry Finkel wrote:

>Spencer Yost <syost at triad.rr.com> wrote (in part):
...snip...
>Here is the output of doc-2.1.4 for that domain; it shows that you have
>not registered any name servers for your domain, making your domain
>inaccessible from the Internet.

Interestingly, the yhimc.com and the other zones came up a few hours after
I originally posted my message.   However starting this morning my local
ISP can't find heavyiron.atis.net and DNSreport.com started reporting
problems involving that nameserver and the zone atis.net (the zone
heavyiron belongs to):

http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=atis.net

Specifically the error that has me concerned involves a name server that
used to be authoritative but is no longer (that's the stealth message if
you follow the link, the old name server).  I am not using stealth servers.
 Here is my zone file for ATIS and for yhimc.com and my whois record for
both as displayed by my registrar.   It seems that I have
heavyiron.atis.net satisfactoirily set up as the name server, but obviously
I don't then.   Could you please point out what must be wrong?

Spencer

WHOIS <contact info snipped>
Domain Name: yhimc.com
Domain Name Servers: heavyiron.atis.net