BIND 9 AAAA record problems

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Wed Jun 23 23:47:31 UTC 2004

    >> I know that BIND should return an empty, non-error response.
    >> But what do I need to configure in order for this to happen?
    >> Thank you,

    phn> remove ipv6 support in your nameserver(s).  or use the "[
    phn> listen-on-v6 [ port ip_port ] { address_match_list }; ]"
    phn> directive in options : " listen-on-v6 { none;}; "

How can the addresses that a name server listens on possibly affect
the answers it returns? Do I get a different answer from the DNS if I
ask the server the same query twice, once over IPv4 and once over IPv6?