Sporadic resolution problems

Matthew Hoskison mhoskison at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 24 17:46:57 UTC 2004

> You have a number of "illegal hostnames" , which might add to the confusion.
>
> dld_homepage.room41.com.
> jada_leaine.room41.com.
> wd_april.room41.com.
> wd_bitchit.room41.com.
>

> Except for that remark it _should_ work ok.

Strangely enough, it's not those domains causing the problem. All the external
diagnostic tools I've checked (dnsreport, dnsstuff, etc) show nothing that
would prevent the names being resolved. The fact that others *can* successfully
resolve the names suggests to me the problem lies not at my end, but with their
ISP's.

However, I urge anyone to contradict me if there's something at my end that
I've missed!