BIND record limit

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Jun 25 22:22:26 UTC 2004

Elzey, Blaine A (Blaine) wrote:

>You're certainly fine with a loooong way to go (although I don't believe there is a coded limit, there is a hardware resource limit)

We have lots of Sun Netra AC200's running Solaris 8 and they all have 2
forward zones and 2 reverse zones that are larger than 15,000 records.
Some of them have a zone that exceeds 55,000 records. No problems. This
is with BIND 9, though. I also have an older box (Ultra 2) running
Solaris 2.5.1 and BIND 8, with a couple of zones that exceed 67,000
entries. Also no problems.