subdomains

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Sun Jun 27 01:49:54 UTC 2004

In article <cbk2i4$29hs$1 at sf1.isc.org>,
 Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle at freenet.de> wrote:

> Hello Barry,
> Am 2004-06-23 21:59:44, schrieb Barry Margolin:
>
> >Change:
> >
> >michelle1 IN A <address>
> >
> >to:
> >
> >michelle1.privat IN A <address>
>
> Thats all ???

Yes, unless you have other requirements that you didn't mention in your
original message.  For instance, if you want the privat.michelle-is.com
subdomain to be maintained on a different server, or to have different
access rules than the rest of the michelle-is.com domain.  I suspect you
do -- the name "privat" suggests that you don't want this subdomain to
be visible to the public Internet.

If you provide more details about what you're trying to accomplish, we
can give better answers.

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA