more clarification needed on TSIG please

J.D. Bronson jbronson at wixb.com
Tue Jun 29 12:30:40 UTC 2004

as some of you have been following, I am having issues with TSIG. But only
one way (WAN -> LAN) ....LAN -> WAN works fine.

So I had presumed it was my config/setup...however when I use dig:

dig mydomain.com @ns1.electric.net AXFR -y
ns2.mydomain.com:**********longgarbagehere=

it works. So no matter which TSIG keys I use to/from (WAN or LAN) - I
cannot make this fail.
So I know I am setup just fine..

However (as I noted earlier) TSIG will not work for a 'refresh' or when I
do an 'rndc reload' if I have new zone data.

So, I am thinking this has something to do with the ports used and my Cisco
firewall....

Does anyone know the port ranges (and types) used for a 'dig' and then for
the 'automatic refresh' or a reload?

(I do not specify any ports in my named.conf file at all)

I am quite convinced this is a cisco firewall (CBAC) issue but I need more
information.

Thanks for ANY help!!!

--
J.D. Bronson
Aurora Health Care // Information Services // Milwaukee, WI USA