bind vs. MS DNS

Barry Finkel b19141 at achilles.ctd.anl.gov
Tue Jun 29 14:36:26 UTC 2004

David Smith <l-bind at kdace.com> replied:

>No, it won't, however if you do have a dynamic zone for your AD main
>domain the when you switch off the domain controllers from "register
>this connection in DNS" it will REMOVE the dc's A records.  Since the
>SRV records are basically fancy CNAME records your entire AD
>structure stops working.  Kinda cool, in a test environment.

I do not know how to parse/interpret "No, it won't".  I can not tell
if you are agreeing with my statement

     no self-registration ====> no registration of SRV records

or if you are disagreeing with it.
Barry S. Finkel
Computing and Instrumentation Solutions Division
Building 222, Room D209              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov