AD records in BIND

Barry Finkel b19141 at achilles.ctd.anl.gov
Wed Mar 3 15:06:59 UTC 2004

>Joel <jc517 at wmi.com> wrote:
>
>I've got a followup question to this whole discussion. I wasn't
>planning on addressing these issues now but since it's a current topic
>I'll ask it now. Is there anyway to get a longer TTL for the entries
>in the _msdcs zone? I get two of these per hour (one from each DC).
>
>What would cause them to change? Now that they are on my bind host
>should I just tell the DC not to register with DNS anymore?

I think that some of your posting did not make it to the digest.
"I get two of these per hour..."  Two of what?

As I look at one of my _mscds zones from my MS W2k+3 DNS Server, I see
these TTLs:

     SOA    1H
     NS     1H
     CNAME 10M
     SRV   10M

I do not know of any way to change them.  That question should be asked
in a MS DNS forum.  I have not done any research into this area because
the MS-supplied/generated TTLs are not causing any problems in my DNS
configuration.
Barry S. Finkel
Computing and Instrumentation Solutions Division
Building 222, Room D209              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov