Inability to run Bind on Cygwin

Bryan Zimmer baz at winternet.com
Thu Mar 4 22:00:51 UTC 2004

Hello friends,
Until now, I have understood, perhaps incorrectly, that BIND would run under Windows. I took this to mean the Cygwin environment.

I have now found out by arduous attempt, that neither bind-9.2.3, nor any earlier version (I specifically tried 8.4.3 and 8.4.4).

It is possible that I misread the compilation instructions for version 8; they are quite different from bind-9. Yet, compilation was simply a disaster, repeated a number of times.

If anyone can correct me, or knows of a version that does in fact run under Cygwin (on Windows 2000), kindly let me know.

Thank you,

Bryan A. Zimmer