Zone files

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 10 18:19:47 UTC 2004

Pete Walker wrote:
> I have re-introduced a name server under a different IP address and domain
> name than it originally had.  That wasn't too difficult and it is now
> resolving fine.  The problem is that I would like to mass delete all the
> zone records that were associated with its previous life and I am a Webmin
> user who cannot see an easy way to mass delete the zones.  Is it a simply a
> matter of deleting all the old records files or do other procedures need to
> be taken in to account.
How webmin does it is down to webmin.

But yes typically you just trim out the zone entries in the named.conf
file, and delete the corresponding zone files.

You can do it with "vi(m)" (or emacs/nano/....), and "rm", and I believe
webmin will soon figure out when you restart the BIND module.

> We're running Bind 8.2 on Linux.

Your software package management sounds broke if it hasn't updated you
to something more recent - next time try Debian as your Linux distro ;)

-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: OpenPGP digital signature