How to dump zone data from Dynamic Update in bind9

Jeffrey jeffrey_ch_chang at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 12 19:54:57 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm using the secure Dynamic Update procedures outlined in
http://ops.ietf.org/dns/dynupd/secure-ddns-howto.html to update my
zone data.  As a DNS administrator, I wanna have the capability of
dumping all the zone data of the my curently running DNS server into
some sort text files for debugging and verification purpose.  Is there
any (free) tools available for this purpose?

The nsupdate works fine and the named leaves binary journal files
(*.jnl) for the delta between dynamic update and original zone data
file.  I've tried using "rndc dumpdb" but it dumps the cache data,
instead of the (updated) zone data that the DNS server is responsible
for.

your help is appreciated,

--- Jeffrey