[BIND] Multiple files in a zone

David Botham DBotham at OptimusSolutions.com
Mon Mar 15 18:54:02 UTC 2004

bind-users-bounce at isc.org wrote on 03/15/2004 05:57:31 AM:
> Hello,
>
>    I'm running BIND 8.3.6.  Is it possible to specify multiple files for
> zone?  I have a somewhat large zone that I want to break up into
> different files to help keep management and orginazation easier.

No, and Yes.

No, you can't specify more than one file in the named.conf zone statement.

However, in the zone database file, you can use the $INCLUDE Directive to
accomplish your goal.  Re-read the ARM and search for for $include...

Hope this helps.

Dave...