zone transfers sticking on one port?

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Tue Mar 16 16:52:32 UTC 2004

In article <c37913$2m5i$1 at sf1.isc.org>,
 Chris Fabri <fabric at northwestern.edu> wrote:

> You may say it's stupid firewalls, but the way I see this, the application
> is not dealing with this in an optimal fashion.

How is it supposed to know that the port is being blocked?  If it
doesn't get a response, it's much more likely to be a problem with the
remote server than a block on a randomly-chosen port.

And as was pointed out, you can configure a specific port for it to use,
if you know you have blocks on ports in the ephemeral range.

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA