Creating a zone entry in a primairy DNS server and automaticly create in secondary

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Thu Mar 18 07:16:09 UTC 2004

BeE <rvdhouwen at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to configure a primairy and secondary BIND server so
> that I would only have to create the zone in the primairy DNS server
> and the zone would automaticly be transfered to the secondary ?

No

> When I set up an new domain on I create an entry on the primairy
> server and after that on the secondary (slave) manually. But it would
> be much easier and less work if I only set it up on the primairy and
> it the zone would automaticly be created on the secondary.

Well, if you only want things to be easy you can outsource
the whole operation to India where they don't fear to work=20
and/or create scripts to to what they want.

> Does anyone have experience or solutions for this ?

Yes, i made my scripts to syncronize masters/slaves configuration.

> Thanks=20

> Ray

--=20
Peter H=E5kanson        =20
           Sorry about my e-mail address, but i'm trying to keep spam out=
,