HELP: Decomissioning a DNS anti-spam list

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at monkeys.com
Sat Mar 20 23:00:42 UTC 2004

In message <g3vfl0nzf7.fsf at sa.vix.com>, you wrote:

>if you're willing to promise that you're done spamming syslog daemons
>all over the world and similar controversial behaviour.

Ya know Paul, I envy you.  I envy anybody who has so little trauma in
their life that the only thing you can find to bitch about in life is
some petty non-event that happened eight years ago.

You are a very luck man if this is all you can find in life to complain
about.

(Of course I do _not_ envy your anal retentive personality.)

Anyway, the ``spamming of syslogs'', as you call it, was actually all the
idea of your pal Dave Rand, so if you really MUST bitch to somebody about
it, even after all these years... presumably because you get some sort of
twisted ego gratification from doing so... then why don't you go and bitch
to Dave Rand about it, rather than me?

Do you really think that I would have ever even THOUGHT of using the
maps.vix.com domain name unless YOUR PARTNER IN MAPS put me up to it first?

Hell!  Dave even showed me how to do the UDP packet forgery.  (I didn't
even know how to do that until he showed me.)

Your partner in MAPS (at the time) gave me his permission and his blessing
to ``spam syslogs'' with the maps.vix.com name AND he taught me how to do
it.  If you have a problem regarding that, I suggest that you take it up
with him.  In the meantime, please find someone else to direct your anal
retentive hostility towards.  I don't find it that humorous anymore.