DNS problem with symantec.com

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Tue Mar 23 01:12:24 UTC 2004

Jim McCullars wrote:

> bash# nslookup
If you upgrade you'll get a version of nslookup that says it is
deprecated ;)

The output looks 'normal' for nslookup to me, as much as nslookup can be
relied upon.

The only thing that "doc" mops about is the extra NS's for
circleonline.net over and above their delegation - which is more a 'know
what you are doing' warning than a real error (IMHO - although there is
a case for assuming the people who follow you won't know what they are
doing till they have done your job for as long as you).

Everything else looks perfect.

My guess - some viruses stop access to common antivirus websites....

Next time try "dig @problem?serverip enterprisesecurity.symantec.com" if
it gives the right answer it is probably a client problem.

-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: OpenPGP digital signature