rbldnsd and bind

Edvard Tuinder listbind at lunytune.nl
Fri Mar 26 21:44:44 UTC 2004

According to Ken Anderson (Pacific Internet):
> This works okay, but SpamAssassin would be quicker if it could talk
> directly to rbldnsd without having to hit bind and then be forwarded to
> rbldnsd for the rbl check.
>
> SpamAssassin uses perl Net::DNS to do rbl lookups, so I don't think
> there's anything on that end I can do - there's no way to specify an
> alternate port for DNS lookups.

Ofcourse there is, but you'ld have to modify spamassassin.
There should be a line with something similar to Net::DNS::Resolver->new;

If you change that to $res   = Net::DNS::Resolver->new(LocalPort => xx);
where xx is the port rbldns is listening on, it should work. This is
not documented, but it is directly from the source.

-Ed