question about CNAME and MX

Jonathan de Boyne Pollard J.deBoynePollard at Tesco.NET
Mon Mar 22 02:52:47 UTC 2004

BB> Basically, I want comceptsolutions.com to alias anything
BB> I change in comcept.net.  Am I missing something?

Yes.  You are missing the facts that a domain name cannot be both a
client-side alias and a delegation point, and that there are two sorts of
aliases (client-side and server-side).

Use server-side alias, not a client-side alias as you are trying to.  BIND has
two main server-side alias mechanisms.  The one that you want involves using
the same database source file for two "zone"s.