forwarders{} and delegation in zone behavior.

William Stacey staceyw at mvps.org
Thu May 6 14:39:16 UTC 2004

In 1034, it does not appear to say, but I assume Step 1 in the resolver
logic also follows any cnames before returning?  TIA

"Step 1 searches the cache for the desired data. If the data is in the
cache, it is assumed to be good enough for normal use.  Some resolvers
have an option at the user interface which will force the resolver to
ignore the cached data and consult with an authoritative server.  This
is not recommended as the default.  If the resolver has direct access to
a name server's zones, it should check to see if the desired data is
present in authoritative form, and if so, use the authoritative data in
preference to cached data."

--
William Stacey

news:c7b6ui$ue7$1 at sf1.isc.org...