Solaris8 nslookup issues

star night star_night at my-deja.com
Fri May 7 07:33:22 UTC 2004

Is there a situation when nslookup will not use more than one server
listed in /etc/resolv.conf? The reason that I am asking is because
nslookup failes to resolve when it should have succeeded. With debug
options I can watch it go through the search list one round and time
out. I am assuming it is using the first server listed in resolv.conf
at that time. If I explicitly give the second name server to nslookup
to use as the nameserver then the previously failed query succeeds.
This is what is leading me to believe it is not using 2nd listed
nameserver.

Also is there any nslookup query options to print the nameserver it is
using when there are multiple nameservers listed in /etc/resolv.conf?

Thanks for your time
SN