Bind 8 windows slave backup file not writing

Peter dude1dude2dude3 at hotmail.com
Tue May 18 22:57:50 UTC 2004

Hi,

I am running bind 8 on Win2k server and am trying to convert my master
domain over to slaves as we have a new primary now.  It seems to repond to
queries for the slave domains authoritatively, but it won't write the slave
zone backup file.  I have the file specified in named.conf.  In the event
log bind says that the directory is world-writable, and there are no errors
related to the slave zone or an inability to write a file.  I created an
empty file to see if this would help but it doesn't get updated.  I see
references to loading master zones in the event log but no references to the
slave zone.

Anyone have an idea why it might not be writing the file?

Peter