Help installing Bind 9.2.3 on Solaris 9 Sparc

Mark Voss voss001 at yahoo.com.not4spam
Sat May 22 22:46:21 UTC 2004

I have downloaded Bind 9.2.3 to install on a Solaris 9 box running on
Sparc.  I previously installed OpenSSL.  THe entire build goes fine.
However, after doing a make install, nothing is installed.  There are
no new binaries anywhere and when  in.named runs it is my old version
8.n running.

Am I overlooking something ?  When I build bind on Linux or such it
sets up /var/named and the files, /etc/named.conf, and everything
else.  FYI, I installed from /tmp.

Many thanks
Mark (remove the .not4spam in my email to reply directly)