Hi Guys

Servet Zeybek zeybek at mustang.europe.nokia.com
Wed May 26 15:21:10 UTC 2004

I got confused with query types CNAME and SOA! lets assume that im sending a
CNAME request my name server for  abc.com. What if theres no alias assaigned
to this name and it is in fact the original name. I receive an authoritative
answer in this case! does that mean if theres no alias, we receive the
authoritative name server for our request!
Second, what does this SOA(start of a zone of authority) really mean! again,
if i send a request (abc.com) and receive an answer, is this the
first(start) name server for the zone i requested!!what does it really mean
to get the start of a zone of authority???
if you have any idea, id appreciate an answer?
Thanks a lot
Servet