DNS Crashing

Tom Ray [Lists] lists at blazestudios.com
Tue Nov 9 15:01:48 UTC 2004

Hey there-

I keep having this problem with named dying on me. It just started a few
days ago, but about every hour it dies and I get this

Nov  9 09:22:06 named[11316]: db.c:431:
REQUIRE(dns_name_issubdomain(name, &db->origin)) failed
Nov  9 09:22:06 named[11316]: exiting (due to assertion failure)

Anyone tell me what is causing this? I think I know what record might be
doing it, but I can't remember off the top of my head on how to block
bind from reading that record. I'm running Bind 9.2.3rc2

TIA