blocked DNS query

kaiduan xie kaiduanx at yahoo.ca
Mon Nov 29 15:01:46 UTC 2004

Stephane,

Thanks for response. Actually there is a resolver
library ARES from MIT. The gethostbyname() call is
synchrous. ARES is asynchrous, i.e., send the DNS
query, using the select(), and then call ares
callback. In this way, this is non-blockable query. I
want to know the case where from the user's point of
view, the DNS query is blocked.

Hope this time the problem is clear.

Thanks,

kaiduan