internal and external named server

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Tue Nov 30 12:59:02 UTC 2004

On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 03:04:05PM +0330,
 soheila <khademi at cc.iut.ac.ir> wrote
 a message of 11 lines which said:

[I assume "update" actually means "query".]

> how I can set these named server that only external named server has
> update from net

Give it a full access to the Internet and a root zone of type hint,
with the root name servers in it (it is done by default in BIND
distribution).

> and another don't update from net and update from external named
> server?

options {
   forwarders { X.Y.Z.T; }; // IP address of the "external named server"
   forward-only;
};

But, with BIND 9, views can be a better way, with only one nameserver.