--with-libtool breaks build on bind 930

OpenMacNews bind-users.20.openmacnews at spamgourmet.com
Tue Nov 30 23:24:10 UTC 2004

hi mark,

>> the add'n of
>>
>> 	--with-libtool
>>
>> to v930 configure fails 'make' at:

<snip>

> 	It will be addressed in 9.3.1.   You can add the missing "extern"s
> 	to lib/isccfg/include/isccfg/grammar.h

<snip>

adding the 'extern's to grammar.h, per your advice, _does_ get me past my
reported libtool errors, to another set:

    ld: multiple definitions of symbol ___evOptMonoTime
    isc/.libs/ev_connects.o definition of ___evOptMonoTime in section
    (__DATA,__common)
    isc/.libs/ev_files.o definition of ___evOptMonoTime in section
    (__DATA,__common)
    isc/.libs/ev_streams.o definition of ___evOptMonoTime in section
    (__DATA,__common)
    isc/.libs/ev_timers.o definition of ___evOptMonoTime in section
    (__DATA,__common)
    isc/.libs/ev_waits.o definition of ___evOptMonoTime in section
    (__DATA,__common)
    isc/.libs/eventlib.o definition of ___evOptMonoTime in section
    (__DATA,__common)
    /usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
    make[1]: *** [libbind.la] Error 1
    make: *** [subdirs] Error 1

which _may_ imply yet another 'extern' def'n; 'evOptMonoTime' is only found in:

   ./bind-9.3.0/lib/bind/isc/eventlib_p.h
   ./lib/bind/isc/eventlib_p.h

... b4 i muck abt, i'll search the list for a bit.

thx for your help!

cheers,

richard