.tmp files being created on clave servers in 9.2.3 or 9.3.0

wharfratjoe joe at telepacific.net
Wed Oct 20 23:23:40 UTC 2004

David Botham wrote:

>bind-users-bounce at isc.org wrote on 10/20/2004 05:29:47 PM:
>

>>First time posting here.
>>
>>I have a slave server pulling zones from the master. If the master is
>>unavailable it is not allowing zone transfers and the slave cannot pull
>>the zones, I see a bunch of .tmp files being created in the /etc folder.
>>

>>I also have named.conf and the other config files in the /etc folder. I
>>am running 9.2.3 and 9.3.0 on windows2003 server and cannot figure out
>>the option to redirect the .tmp files to say a /tmp directory. The only
>>thing that I see that is obsolete in Bind 9 is ixfr-tmp-file (not sure
>>if this was it). Please help.
>>

>Please post your named.conf files [master and slave] (less any keys)...
>
>Dave...
>

>>Other than this little nuisance both versions are running like champs.
>>
>>Thanks in advance!
>>Joe

I am probably missing some but here goes,

Slave named.conf options:

options {
      directory "e:\var\named\etc";
      pid-file "named.pid";
      statistics-file "named.stats";
      dump-file  "named.db";
      memstatistics-file "named.memstats";
      zone-statistics yes;
      notify no;
      recursion no;
      allow-query { any; };
     transfer-format many-answers;
    version "_";
//    query-source address * port 53;
//    serial-query-rate 5; // default 20
//    transfer-source 192.168.2.2 port *;
//    max-transfer-time-in 30;
    };