2nd attempt - GSS-TSIG Support in Bind 9

Paul Vixie vixie at sa.vix.com
Fri Oct 22 15:21:29 UTC 2004

> > I have read through the mailing list archives and got a few conflicting
> > answers about whether GSS-TSIG will be supported by Bind.  There was some
> > suggestion that Bind 9 would support it at some point?
>
> Anyone from ISC comment on this please?  Mark Andrews?

RFC-compliant, interoperable-with-self, GSS-TSIG has been working for a while.
However, to interoperate with Microsoft's GSS-TSIG implementation, more work
is needed.  There has been some interest in funding this work, but due to the
nature of the beast we have not been able to either complete it or know when
we'll complete it.  It's quite frustrating for us, and for the community.
--
Paul Vixie