BIND Software for Windows XP Pro

Vinny Abello vinny at tellurian.com
Sat Oct 30 07:26:13 UTC 2004

At 02:20 AM 10/30/2004, Roshan Patel wrote:
>Hi,
>Dose BIND software come in GUI front-end. I have downloaded and installed
>version 9.3 for windows but don't know how to configure it. Does it need to
>be done via command prompt.

Oh boy...

To give a very brief answer, everything is configured in flat text files
using your favorite text editor. If you really want to run BIND, do
yourself a favor and read the plethora of documentation or pick up the
highly recommended book "DNS and BIND" published by O'Reilly.

If you're looking for a GUI and Windows is your friend, you may want to
stick with Microsoft DNS. I would highly recommend BIND over Microsoft DNS.
You're going to have to spend some time learning it though. It's well worth
it.

Vinny Abello
Network Engineer
Server Management
vinny at tellurian.com
(973)300-9211 x 125
(973)940-6125 (Direct)
PGP Key Fingerprint: 3BC5 9A48 FC78 03D3 82E0  E935 5325 FBCB 0100 977A

http://www.tellurian.com (888)TELLURIAN

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and
those that don't.