rndc like conf file in combination with dig.

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Fri Oct 8 11:07:36 UTC 2004

    Olaf> As far as I understand dig will not use an "rndc.conf" to
    Olaf> figure out which key to use with which server so keys are
    Olaf> "picked" transperantly.  Am I correct in this?

Yes.

    Olaf> If so this is a feature request.

I'm not sure this is a good idea. dig shouldn't get more bloatware to
parse rndc.conf for named.conf to fish out TSIG keys. Or to parse zone
files for SIG(0) keys. Or whatever. I'm sure you can see where this
slippery slope is headed... Besides, won't whoever is making dig do
TSIG authentication already have the K*+157+* file(s) available, no?