Anyone know about DNS?

Arthur amerar at iwc.net
Fri Oct 8 21:59:43 UTC 2004

Hi All,

I'm going to ask a favor.  I need some help possibly debugging my DNS
setup.

I run a web/mail server with multiple domains.  The problem I have is
that sometimes people cannot contact my server.  Other times it seems
to take more than 45 seconds for a page to draw.  The results really
have no pattern.  So, I am thinking that maybe I have something set up
wrong.

I know next to nothing about Linux configuration.

So, I was hoping that someone might help me out by suggesting which
config files need to be looked at and looking at them.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Arthur