AW: rndc does not work (9.1.1 <--> 9.2.3)

Walkenhorst, Benjamin Benjamin.Walkenhorst at telekom.de
Thu Sep 9 09:02:07 UTC 2004

> 	rndc 9.[01].x uses omapi.
> 	rndc 9.[23].x used isccc.
>
> 	No one should be using 9.1.x anymore.

Thanks for clearing this up.

I /*do*/ know that I'm supposed to use a more recent version. However I'm not in charge here. Furthermore, like I said, we are using z/OS, a proprietary IBM-system. BIND is made available for this system by IBM, as part of the "Communications Server" package, and that package uses 9.1.1. I understand IBM works on porting a more recent version, but AFAIK it's not ready, yet.
I also doubt strongly you could just recompile a more recent version of BIND on that system, or that I would be allowed to do so.
If I was in charge, I'd deploy an up-to-date BIND (or, more probably, djbdns) on a couple of Linux-LPAR's, but I am not. ;-(

Kind regards,
Benjamin