How do we get the info obtained by the dhcp client?

Swapna Prasad swapna56782004 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 9 23:48:38 UTC 2004

Hi,
How do we get the info obtained by the client ?

Can anyone clarify these things for me...
my understanding is

       dhcp client is run as a part of the boot up. The client reads the conf file when it starts. The conf file contains all the options that I need info on. The client sends these info to the server and gets the response.

What I don't understand is ..
Does the dns client stores these data and if so where and can we read from this file. if so Is this feasible across various platforms.
Is this information request from the server a one time process.
 can we run the dhcp client to get some other info when ever we need it. or  do we have to incorporate code similar to dns client and get the info from the server..
Can anyone please clarify these for me.

Thanks in advance
Swapna