Hardware for Bind 9

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Tue Sep 14 20:21:35 UTC 2004

Tom Schmitt <TomSchmitt at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,

> I have to buy a new server (solaris8) for Bind9 and want to know, if th=
ere
> are any speks what Bind 9 need (especially memory and swap-space)?

You will need a compiler unless you prefer to run free or openbsd that
comes complete.

As regards to memory usage the answer is "that depends".

What is the memory footprint of bind in your old server ? Take that
as a minimum, multiply with a suitable constant ( pi ?) .

--=20
Peter H=E5kanson        =20
           Sorry about my e-mail address, but i'm trying to keep spam out=
,