ACL in a Firewall or DNS only or both

Edgar A. Mendieta emedieta at pannet.pa
Tue Sep 21 23:19:24 UTC 2004

Hi;

I read about this and need you give me some opinions of the following:

I have one Firewall and four DNS. I have only one dns that i permit
transfers to other dns in other network. In my firewall i have one ACL by
my Secondaries DNS, in this list i permit zone transfer, only for my
secundaries. And i have UDP DNS for all. I think that this is the same if
i put in my dns (allow-transfer { }). This cause any problem? if i put ACL
for my Secundaries in my Firewall.

The something is that i have ACL in my firewall and in my DNS, this ACL is
by zone transfer. The Firewall ACL affect the correct operation in the DNS

--
Edgar A. Mendieta