DNS server not getting all updates

Brent Bailey misterb at bmyster.com
Wed Sep 22 17:18:31 UTC 2004

Jim Reid:
ok....yes im asking a question in regards to bind ...this is the correct
mailing list for questions in regards to bind ???

anywho...
the domain's DNS & Web & mail is hosted by a 3rd party company Not with
the customer. I believe godaddy.com was the register he went through 3
days ago.

The customer has his own primary & tertiary DNS servers. Only one of which
(tertiary) knows of the customers newly created domain..my question is why
would this happen where the tertiary knows of the domain but the primary
server doesnt ?

when doing a nslookup on the server this is the responce from the server

primary# nslookup gregoryfloyd-assoc.com
Server: dns.whatever.com
Address: x.x.x.x
No Address (A) records available for gregoryfloyd-assoc.com

tertiary# nslookup gregoryfloyd-assoc.com
Server: dns2.whatever.com
Address: x.x.x.x

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: gregoryfloyd-assoc.com