dhcp client port question?

Swapna Prasad swapna56782004 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 23 05:14:52 UTC 2004

Hi All,

    I need to acquire some configuration info from the DHCP server using DHCPINFORM. When I used the standard dhcp port (UDP 67, 68) I get all the information, but when I use a different port (e.g. 64000) for the client socket it just times out.

      DHCP Server is listening on port 67. I am sending the DHCP datagram packet over udp port 64000 and listening on that port I do not get any reply. Can anyone please tell me what could be the possible reason.

Thanks