Problems with PTR format in reverse lookup

ntuser ntuser at terra.com.br
Tue Sep 28 11:56:12 UTC 2004

I´m having problems with spam blocklists due my PTR format in reverse lookups.
I have the following configurarion:

/etc/named.conf
zone "XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX.in-addr.arpa" IN {
        type master;
        file "file.rev";
};

/var/named/file.rev
$TTL 3600
XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX.in-addr.arpa.  IN  SOA  ns1.XXX.com. srv1.XXX.com.  (
                                      2004092805 ; Serial
                                      36000       ; Refresh
                                      14400      ; Retry
                                      3600000    ; Expire
                                      86400 )    ; Minimum
              IN      NS      ns1.XXX.com.
              IN      NS      ns2.XXX.com.
;
1       PTR     srv1.XXX.com
2       PTR     srv2.XXX.com

The reverse lookup return, for example, srv1.XXX.com.XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX.in-addr.arpa  instead of just srv1.XXX.com
The spam blocklist are considering that I have a MTA under a dynamic ip due the format of this lookup.

How can I change it ?

Thanks

Amjr