BIND soa and zone transfer

Eric ericsteen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 21:47:49 UTC 2004

I'm attempting to setup of a bind 9.2.2 SOA to be our Master DNS
server.  Right now our DNS is handled by our ISP and we're in the
process of trying to register with ARIN so that we can control our DNS
and IP's etc. exclusively.

I've been scouring google for a howto on setting up a SOA Master DNS
server to sit on our border and communicate with the rest of the
world.

Can anyone enlighten me as to where this treausure would be hidden, or
if someone could help me out otherwise it would be greatly
appreciated.

Also, our internal dns servers will be win2k3 servers obtaining DNS
from our bind server eventually.

Thanks in advance.

Eric