Domain transfer issues

Shaun Kruger shaun.kruger at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 21:45:37 UTC 2005

I'm trying to execute a domain transfer from a name server running
bind9 to another server.  When I do this I get the following netstat
entry:
tcp        0      0 69.88.67.43:53          202.157.185.115:2983    SYN_RECV

The secondary name server will retry a number of times, but all will
hang at SYN_RECV.  I don't have any firewall rules setup, but I'm not
even sure what information is pertinent to figuring out why this is
happening.

System info:
Linux kerrek 2.6.10 #1 Wed Feb 16 10:10:56 MST 2005 i686 GNU/Linux
BIND 9.2.4

Any help would be much appreciated.  I just don't know what to do with
a connection state of SYN_RECV and no log output.

Shaun Kruger