How to set-up an NS delegation on a server?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Apr 5 21:47:02 UTC 2005

1. Give us the real domain names, as Barry said.
2. Your SOA records are malformed. Where's the RNAME field?
3. You need *two* nameservers. Not one nameserver with two different
names, but actually *two* (deux) nameservers. That's the minimum legal
requirement for a zone.
4. What are you trying to accomplish with that PTR in your forward zone?
5. Your reverse zone should, in all likelihood, be
{something}.in-addr.arpa. Yet, both your zone files have
"mondomaine.com" owners for their respective SOA records. Since you
can't have duplicate zone definitions, at least one of those will be
rejected. You should have seen a message to that effect in your logs.
6. What do the zone definitions for the forward and reverse zone in
named.conf look like?

                                                         - Kevin