Looking for a way to create dynamic dns system without using nsupdate

Brian Johnson bjohnson at johnson-engineering.ca
Wed Apr 6 19:12:39 UTC 2005

I'm currently using nsupdate on a system with a dynamic ip address to update
it's ip address on my dns server.

I'd like to switch the software to the flash memory based router but since
space is an issue, I was wondering if there was another way to do it.

Someone mentioned maybe doing a web server cgi that used nsupdate and then the
remote server could wget the url and provide it's ip address as a parameter

Googling came up with so many hits for any search terms I could think of that
it was unusable

Does anyone have info about this type of system or alternate systems.

I also wondered about a ssh script on the remote router executing a nsupdate
script on the server but wondered about security implications of hosting the
required ssh keys on the router to do this.