bind management using snmp

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Fri Apr 8 08:37:58 UTC 2005

On Apr 8, 2005, at 02:51, Ronnel P. Maglasang wrote:

> Are you aware if the current implementation of ISC BIND version 9.3
> supports the DNS MIB extensions? If supported, what mechanism BIND
> uses to expose the mibs to an SNMP agent (I was thinking of some sort
> of libraries or API that SNMP agent will use). I been looking for this
> info
> in the net but couldn't find any.

I thought my posting was clear enough.  The DNS MIBs are deprecated. No
name server implementation should be supporting them. Few ever did.
BIND9 didn't exist until long after the DNS world decided that the MIBs
didn't matter. So BIND9 has no hooks or support for that long-dead
feature.

Please don't ask more questions about this or waste any more of your
time on this subject until you've read RFC3197.