Disabling queries for Ipv6 record-types

Cormack, Ken Ken.Cormack at roadway.com
Fri Apr 8 17:20:42 UTC 2005

Off topic, maybe, but since the clients making the request are all using
BIND's resolver libraries on Redhat, thought I'd risk being flogged by
posing the question here.
In my environment, which is IPv4-ONLY, I see lots of A6 and AAAA record-type
queries logged on my BIND 9.2.5 servers.  The querying clients are all
running various versions of Redhat.... Mostly ES 2.1, but also RH 8.0.

Since my environment is IPv4-ONLY, is there a way to tell the resolver
libraries not to bother with IPv6 queries to my DNS servers?

Ken