Having problems looking up my c:\dns\etc\hosts running bind9 win32

jcharth at hotmail.com jcharth at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 12 18:50:17 UTC 2005

hello for some reason my bind9 deamon on w2k server is not looking up
the c:\dns\etc\hosts file. Can anyone tell me how to do this? or if i
need to use a different file than the hosts file to add manual entries.
I am trying to point some bad domains to the loopback device. thanks

this are the config with all the things ive tried commented out

-- resoldve.conf

hostresorder     files local bind dns
nameserver 10.100.1.21
nameserver 10.100.1.29
search senadv.com
options timeout:11

#domain        senkoadv.com

-- nsswitch.conf

hosts:          files dns
networks:       files

-- hosts.conf

# Lookup names via /etc/hosts first, then by DNS query
order hosts, bind
# We don't have machines with multiple addresses
multi on
# Check for IP address spoofing
nospoof on
# Warn us if someone attempts to spoof