Websites switching homepages!

Gregory Hicks ghicks at cadence.com
Mon Apr 18 21:25:17 UTC 2005

> Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 15:14:07 -0400 (EDT)
> From: mworden at substantis.com
> >
> >> From: "Glorywest" <webdesign7 at comcast.net>
> >> Date: 18 Apr 2005 08:05:42 -0700
> >>
> >> The site www.spencersmountain.org periodically shows a different home
> >> page. The home page that occasionally pops up is the site
[...snip...]

> If they are virutal hosting with apache, the default site could be
> displayed if the virtually hosted site is not available.

BUT...  If they are on the same host, and the virtually hosted site is
not available, WHY would the default site be available?  The only thing
that *should* stop the virtual site from being displayed is that the
software is down...  No?

Ah well...  I don't know :)  In any case, this topic should be moved to
a web newsgroup instead of BIND...  (The DNS appears to be working OK.)

However, THIS web site reports some DNS problems...  Specifically with
'stealth' nameservers.  They might be causing the problem.

Regards,
Gregory Hicks

Gregory Hicks                        | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems               | Direct:   408.576.3609
555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 6B1          | Fax:      408.894.3400
San Jose, CA 95134                   | Internet: ghicks at cadence.com

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin