Antwort: Secure Bind DNS server problem

Arthur Stephens astephens at ptera.net
Tue Apr 19 18:41:46 UTC 2005

But I thought that was why we had the external view which below says "any"

...snip
// Create a view for external DNS clients.
view "external-in" in {
    // Our external (untrusted) view. We permit any client to access
    // portions of this view. We do not perform recursion or cache
    // access for hosts using this view.

    match-clients { any; };
    recursion no;
    additional-from-auth no;
    additional-from-cache no;

... snip

whereas the internal view says "trusted"

... snip
view "internal-in" in {
    // Our internal (trusted) view. We permit the internal networks
    // to freely access this view. We perform recursion for our
    // internal hosts, and retrieve data from the cache for them.

    match-clients { trusted; };
    recursion yes;
    additional-from-auth yes;
    additional-from-cache yes;