bind9 ethernet alias problem

Jaroslaw Bazydlo jarek at bazydlo.org
Wed Apr 20 13:01:57 UTC 2005

I have a Veritas cluster running on Solaris 9, and Bind cluster group
configured.
Cluster has a virtual IP address associated with cluster group that
migrates to
the serwer where group is in ONLINE state!

The virtual IP address is a ethernet alias that is plumbed and up on
the system.
Let us say it is a hme:2 with 1.2.3.4 address.

I would like to set this address as transfer-source and notify-source
but Bind seems to use real address associated with physical interface
- hme0 - when doing zone transfers and notifies.

I did the test with another physical IP address configured on hme1 and
the configuration worked but it is not what I want.

So, the question is are there any limitation when using IP addresses
associated to alias ethernet interface and directives such as
listen-on, transfer-source, notify-source????

Best regards
J.